Friday, October 31, 2008

Halsina Hannu Dose (Ripened jackfruit dosa)

After eating whole lot of gujje (raw jackfruit) recipes & receiving the tantrums from hubby & son.., decided to impress them by cooking something different. So, tried recipes like godi shira(wheat flour kesari baath), besan laadu, pundi etc..

Today, While passing by the fruit stall, I again got attracted by the aroma of jackfruit :)))
I was sick for couple of days & wanted to regain my apetite back. Thought, jackfruit could help me in regaining my apetite, but was little hesitant to buy.., as my family members might go on a strike.They were already fed up with raw jackfruit :((

My mind was not ready to give up on this, as I had already decided the recipe & the tangy combination for this dosa. Hence went ahead & got the jackfruit(ripened). Also, prepared the dosa & tangy, spicy gojju with that. I loved eating & not only that.., my hubby didnot utter a word (he was happy eating too..).


Here goes the recipe

Ingredients:
1.5 cups raw rice
3 cups ripened jackfruits (deseeded & finely chopped)
1.5 tbsp grated coconut (fresh/frozen)
salt according to taste

Method:
  • Soak the rice in warm water for 3 hours
  • Grind together the rice, jackfruits, coconut & prepare a smooth batter out of it. Batter should be similar to the normal urad dal dosa.
  • Add salt & start preparing dosa immediately. This batter doesnot need fermentation.
  • Have this dosa with honey or any spicy chutney.
I love to have this with a tangy & spicy gojju(curry) prepared with tendli/old cucumber/snake gourd.The sweetness of this dosa combined with the tangy gojju.., wow!!!
I have already published the tondekayi gojju recipe. You can find it here. I replaced tendli/tondekayi with padavalakayi/snake gourd & the gojju is ready

Here is the plate for you & Veda(Iyengar's Kitchen) who is hosting a Challenge event. It has dosa with honey & tangy padavalakayi gojju.

4 comments:

  1. this one will be tried for sure...it looks good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Jackfruit... Looks like this is gonna be a great favorite in my family

    ReplyDelete
  3. @lg
    do try & tell me how was it :)

    @smitha
    then what are you waiting for? try it today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking absolutely delicious.....all i have made something with jackfruits is biryani and palya....never tried Dose with it.....next time i will try this when the season starts here.....thankls for ur entries!

    Veda

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks for visiting 'Savi-Ruchi'. I would try my best to update the blog with new & interesting recipes.
Hope you had nice time in my blog & feel free to share your comments.
Visit Again!!

Featured Post

Noodles and Vegetables with Honey Ginger Sauce

Am I the only one who crave for noodles when sick with cold and sore throat? I love this noodles with honey-ginger sauce and it is perfe...